Thread: Trump vs Amazon
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 08:22 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You act as if private sector employee's don't pay taxes .. Jim you have a hard time looking at the big picture .. can you tell me why Trump would attack amazon for not paying taxes after cutting their taxes or why is it good for the tax payer to allow drilling on public land for 2 dollars an acre .. Trump is abusing his power as potus and you love it and I contribute to my pension and it don't change because of the stock market .. my personal plan does and I have seen the down and the up both had very little to do with the POTUS policy's
"You act as if private sector employee's don't pay taxes "

I have never said, or implied, that private sector employees don't pay taxes. Do you mean public sector? I have also never implied that public sector employees don't pay taxes. But they are better off when tax rates are higher, because every cent of their funding comes from taxing somebody else.

"can you tell me why Trump would attack amazon for not paying taxes "

Because he's a jerk, and he's not that smart, and obviously he tweets before he thinks, and he has no grasp of what it is, that he doesn't know. Fair enough?

"why is it good for the tax payer to allow drilling on public land for 2 dollars an acre "

Because it's better when crude is $60/barrel than $100/barrel.

"Trump is abusing his power as potus and you love it"

I love some of what he does, I hate plenty of what he does. You can't grasp that, to you it's all or nothing.

"I contribute to my pension "

And your contributions are funded by taxing someone else. And if your pensions is like the ones in CT, your contributions don't fund the benefits, so you need additional contributions from the state, which means, you need tax revenue.

"(my pension) don't change because of the stock market"

The hell it doesn't. What do you suppose the people who manage your pension, do with your contributions? Bury it in their backyard? Stuff it in their mattresses? Or do they buy stocks and, more likely, bonds? The healthier the economy, the more your pension fund grows, so the more likely there's enough money to fund your benefit. I am right on that. You are far better off is the economy is booming, than you are during a recession.

" have seen the down and the up both had very little to do with the POTUS policy's"

So why do you (and I) give Obama credit for the economic results of his 8 years?

You gotta let go of some of that bias, WDMSO. It won't kill you. Trump has massive moral flaws, he's not a good guy. But he's helping the economy.