Thread: Trump vs Amazon
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 08:59 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I always feel that I am honest, I just have a hard time with the emperor's attire.
It's a lot easier to make the market go up by cutting corporate taxes in the middle of an expansion phase, in fact it is likely the only way to hyperinflate the market in that case.
Honestly, I feel that it will make the coming market adjustment in the next two years worse.
Who Trump will blame that on remains to be seen.
The market went up long before the GOP passed the tax overhaul.

You can also hyperinflate the market by doing what Obama did, borrowing a couple of trillion and dumping it into the market.

" feel that it will make the coming market adjustment in the next two years worse.
Who Trump will blame that on remains to be seen"

OK, so when the inevitable correction/recession occurs, none of it will be connected to anything Obama did, all of it will be Trump's fault. That's "honest"?

When the market goes on a tear for 9 years, it typically gives back at some point. If Hilary had won, we'd still be due for a correction/recession. That's the cycle. Sure, there are things presidents can do to make it more or less severe.

You are right, assuming there's a correction/recession on Trump's watch, you can bet he will place all of the blame elsewhere.