View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
sounds pretty judgmental
Right!

"I'm not being judgmental, but I find your opinions to be loathsome."

Nebe, what evidence do you have that your actions are superior to those whom you are attacking, and I presume you are talking about me?

I am a devout, thought obviously flawed, Catholic. There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING in the catechism, to suggest that when a group of people want nothing more than to kill my whole family, that as a Catholic I'm supposed to respond with hugs.

Again, did you feel your grandfather was an accomplice to genocide? If not, why were his actions any diferent than what you think I am suggesting.

There were Japanese citizens that wanted nothing to do with the war, and thousands of them were fried to death during the napalm bombing carried out by the US. Was that "genocide" on our part? Was it unethical? What was the alternative, to let Japan continue to rape their way across China, and continue to eat the flesh of captured enemies? Because that's what they were doing. And they were not going to stop until they were brought to their knees. And this enemy has many of the same attributes as the Japanese that you rgrandfather helped kill (or woud you call it "murder"?) at Tarawa. They are fanatics who, simply, will not stop. Ever.