View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
My Agenda is to show your agenda and to counter the argument that Islam as a whole is rotten ..
My agenda re Islam speaks for itself. I have been honest about it, displayed it abundantly. It has not required anyone to show what it is. It is and has been obvious.

But if you must somehow reveal the obvious, you could do a lot better than saying my agenda is my agenda. And implying that having an agenda, in itself, means that I am wrong. If you want to demonstrate that I am wrong, you could do better than citing articles which actually support my view of Islam. The very fact that those you cite are making this admittedly courageous plea to reform Islam demonstrates that even they recognize that it has deep, dangerous problems which must be rejected. The fact that they claim it takes courage to reject what is "rotten" (your word not mine) in order to, in their own words, "transform our communities based on three principles: peace, human rights and secular governance" speaks of how dangerous it is to do so and that the Islamic communities are not now based on peace, human rights and secular governance. And if you had linked on to the numerous other articles listed in the Gatestone Institute's article that you posted to try to support your agenda, you would have read account after account of various incidences of Muslim violence against others.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-12-2017 at 10:57 AM..