View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
In reading it again, where is the criticism of the bush family? I saw the article commending them for allowing sully to go to Walter reed and help someone else. I did see context of a service dog and explanation of how long sully had been with HW. I also saw it as pointing out how everyone had become sentimental about a picture of a dog laying down. We should be discussing the touching moments of Dole saluting his friend of GWB holding it together when they were bringing the casket to the capital. Much more real moments.

Slate had some much harsher criticism of HW that I only saw when I went looking for the sully piece. If you want to criticize slate those would be real targets.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If your reading comprehension is sufficient to see that she didn't attack Bush in the article, it's interesting that your reading comprehension isn't up to the task of seeing that I never claimed she attacked Bush in the article. I said she wouldn't have felt the urge to write an article (the sole, stated purpose of which is to get people to stop feeling good about a service dog) if Bush wasn't a Republican. I can't offer any irrefutable proof of that, yet I'd bet my life on it. You know of any liberal magazines that took offense to the nation feeling good about the pet of a democrat President? I couldn't find any.

"We should be discussing the touching moments of Dole saluting his friend of GWB holding it together when they were bringing the casket to the capital. Much more real moments."

Tell the Slate reporter that. She's the one who tried to take us off course, not me. You're smart enough to know that.

The Bush family, once again showing their dignity, is making it clear that unlike the McCain services, this isn't going to be a Trump-bashing party.

Bryan, what do you think of Newsweek calling Bush a wimp, and of the NYT and Donna Brazile pushing a fake story that he had a mistress? The Democrats were so offended at Brazile doing that to a war hero, that they gave her the vice-chair position at the DNC, and was chair of the DNC for awhile. I'm not saying that kind of smear doesn't happen on my side, tragically it does. I'm saying it should be punished, not rewarded.