View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 04:50 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
that’s a distortion that the left is clinging to, dershowitz cleared it up, and also made it clear if you watched his testimony.

he didn’t say the president can do
anything to get re elected. he said, just because something might help him get the elected, doesn’t mean he can’t do it because it’s of value to him.

Obama gave the order to kill Bin Laden. Obviously that helped him get re elected. No idiot said that obama should have refused to use the military on a dangerous
mission that would help him politically.

The crime trump is charged with us withholding aid for his personal benefit - the benefit being, improving his chances of being elected. What dershowitz said ( and he made obvious with examples of presidents from Lincoln to Obama) is that there’s nothing wrong with a president doing something which had the effect of helping him politically, especially if it provides some
public value.

Trump can’t transfer gold from fort knox to his personal vault. But he can get a trade deal with china that helps everybody, even if it means it helps him politically.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Just like Trump he opens his mouth we all heard and read what he said.. but he was misrepresented, i guess you have heard the white house console says the same thing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device