View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
toddonbi

swanny- after the write up in the Globe I've been getting a couple calls and e-mails a day about the tourney so it should be a good time. I had one call, and I sh@@ you not from a guy that asked what first prize was, he was very bummed to hear that it is about fishing in a wonderfull place and no there will be no big money prizes. I wish I had recorded it...I almost didn't believe my ears when he expressed his views on the matter.
As far as lodging I would recommend Twin Maples because it is right on the pond and depending on the turnout there are several really good options available as well...once I have a better idea of how many are coming I'll start bothering more places that are suitable to fish right-out-of-the-door so to speak. Anyone is welcome to shoot me an e-mail with questions. I have to admit, the look on people's faces when they see many Kayaks bobbing around will be pretty damn funny. It still amazes me that more people that live out here don't go Kayak fishing, there are spots that I fished for 10 years and kept muttering about how i would like to be just over "there."
With the Yak it's borderline hilarious about how upclose and quiet you can get to the fishies.
Well enough daydreaming about Kayak fishing on this rainy day, it seems my 11 month old daughter blew apart yet another diaper.

toddonbi is offline   Reply With Quote