View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
mungerish

Tuna Club/Private Radio Group

Background:
In July of this year a group of tuna anglers decided to start working together. Most of us had already covered lots of ocean hunting Charlie early in the season when he was playing a much tougher game of hide and seek. The general idea went something like this: tuna fishing is probably one part skill and knowledge, one part gear and tackle …. and maybe 5 parts time spent on the water chasing Charles. Most of us get out once or twice per week and things are always changing with these fast moving fish. Could we increase our odds of success and save on fuel by working together? The answer seemed pretty clear.

What do we do?
• We have a private online forum set up for members only to share current intel, techniques and all things tuna. (Nothing against public forums like the one I’m posting in. I think these guys are great, but the reality is that most fishermen are not going to be that forth coming in a public forum without some kind of a bond based on reciprocation)
• We’re also a radio group that shares live reports on the water using a hail channel, a private channel and a location grid to help each other. Everyone has each other’s cell, email, a description of each other’s ride, the areas most fished, etc. The thought process is also that I can contact a member who fishes and knows an area much better than me for advice before my trip.
• We are sponsored by Privateer Rum, a product I highly recommend (think in terms of Grey Goose vodka or Kettle One in rums) and will be holding occasional meetings at the distillery in Ipswich MA and/or possibly other locations. visit Privateer Rum Home Page

While we are big believers in competition in general, this group is much more about cooperation and camaraderie….So if you’ve always gotta be one upping the other guy, we are definitely not for you.
You have to be willing to give as much as you take. Sandbaggers will be voted off the island.
We’re looking to add a few more members before we close to new applications. There is no cost to join or dues at this time as it has been organized through volunteered time and effort.
We currently cover from P-Town to Portsmouth and everywhere in between.
If you think you’d be interested in becoming a member, send me an email at mungerish@yahoo.com.
This is what we would like to know:
How often do you fish for Tuna?
How long have you been chasing Charlie?
Where do you usually fish?
How do you usually fish? (Livies, trolling plastics, jigging, poppers, etc.)
What are you willing or unwilling to share with your Privatuna buddies? (Please be straight forward here)
Tell us about your ride and anything else you think is important.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Privatuna logo.jpg (61.2 KB, 20 views)
mungerish is offline   Reply With Quote