View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
Thermoklein

RI 'Yak advice for total noob, please!

Hi folks - I'm brand new here.

I met one of your number, name of Rob S. at Bass Rock Road last Sunday. He was a total gentleman and as we chatted, he told me about this site. I'm very excited to be part of it.

A little about me. I'm in my late 40's, live near Northampton MA and have a good deal of experience fishing the general Wickford-to- 'Gansett area, Pt. Jude, Galilee, as well as a bit at Charleston and the back ponds, etc., mostly as a teen in the 70's. We did 90% of our fishing from the rocks back then with 9' glass Charlie Murat custom spinning rods sporting Penn 704 reels.

After roughly 3 decades "out of the game" I'm trying hard to resume fishing the area. I literally just bought a new Hobie Outback SUV with Mirage system and plan to use it along as much of the RI coast as weather/water conditions and my personal 'nads permit. I love the idea of having both hands free to fish and deal with things while still moving over the water.

I've owned and used boats and canoes all my life - I'm not a new sailor. But I'm new to kayaking. Iam looking for ANY and all advice, warnings, suggestions, ideas, thoughts and opinions as possible. I have read through a lot of this forum already and I'm very excited to see how many 'yakkers are chasing Old Linesides.

Please share. Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears!
Thermoklein is offline   Reply With Quote