View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
after NY terrorist attack

Fox news Ingraham: We demand our elected officials keep America safe
We should not lose one more American life because politicians don't have the nerve or the will to do what's necessary to secure the homeland.

Didn't see this concern about to keeping America safe after vegas

I said this on 10\4 after Vegas shooting

Why is it when we have a terrorist event in United States we expect the federal government to do something ( travel ban) but when we have a mass shooting ( not a Muslim) we don't want The government to do anything.. it's perplexing.

And as if on Cue look at the responses from Trump and His followers .. I d say its amazing but its just predictable
Aren't you somebody who criticizes others for justifying bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior? Yet you are doing it here.

But you are 100% correct, it's amazingly hypocritical for conservatives to attack liberals for using the Vegas attack to advocate for gun control, and then do the same thing by using this terror attack to advocate for immigration security.

There is nothing wrong, in the wake of any tragedy, to advocate for policies that would make another tragedy less likely. Both sides do it, yet each side acts as if only the other side does it. It's stupid.

I don't get how any sane person can be opposed to our being aggressive and vigilant in the war on terror. Nor do I get how any sane person can think that the second amendment is absolute. Each of those two extreme positions, defies common sense.