Thread: NATO
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Yes, now look at expenditures as a percentage going towards equipment, not personnel, costs.

RUS is not buying a lot of new kit, but they are modernizing a lot of their old gear and have modernized a lot of that gear over the past 10 years. They broke a significant part of their funds to do it.

Why?
Because we are because china is because Nato is ??

Nato had already agreed to get to 2% by 2024 "But demands of 2% 'immediately; undermines US commitment to existing obligations."

then he suggested moving the goal post to 4%

this is a Trend for Trump then the Russian Gas thing he is just pissed they wont buy ours

and this comment

"Yesterday I let them know that I was extremely unhappy with what was happening," Trump said, adding that, in response, European countries agreed to up their spending.

"They have substantially upped their commitment and now we're very happy and have a very, very powerful, very, very strong NATO," he said.

Now he try's to make himself look he accomplished something

"I can you tell you that NATO now is a really a fine-tuned machine. People are paying money that they never paid before. They're happy to do it. And the United States is being treated much more fairly.

its so so used car salesman its sad...