View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 06:12 AM   #1016
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is uniquely republican obviously...

no wait....

“I’m going to now direct this at Vice President Biden: I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground,” she said, looking over at him. “But I also believe, and it’s personal—it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing. And, you know, there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me.”

Biden, taken aback, plodded through a response. She was mischaracterizing his position, he said. That’s not what he stood for, and she knew that. He found his way to the end of the answer and stopped speaking.

A few minutes later, the moderators paused for a commercial break. Biden leaned over to Pete Buttigieg, at the podium to his right. They barely knew each other, but Biden was looking for someone to share the moment with.

“Well,” he said, according to multiple people to whom the conversation was relayed afterward. “That was some f---ing bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.”

Jill Biden said Kamala Harris could ‘go f*** herself’ after 2019 debate attack on Joe, new book claims...

‘With what he cares about, what he fights for, what he’s committed to, you get up there and call him a racist without basis?’

but it’s OK when democrats do it.