View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Never said that they should and I can understand them sending busloads of people north but they are doing it in a way that inflicts maximum hurt on those people. NYC mayor adams asked to be notified when the buses would arrive and they won't do it. What is the downside to doing it other than it doesn't inflict as much damage on those people.
i didn’t mean to claim you think they should ( i’m confident you don’t believe that, but wayne thinks that, because he thinks the crisis is all a right wing myth) but the fact is, they are. They bear the brunt of this. it’s not even close to fair.

havent the feds bussed and flown these people around in the middle of the night as well? but that’s ok?

Agreed, they should be told they’re coming. That’s not much to ask!

Every state should have to take a proportionate share. Nothing unfair about that. But the islanders on the Vineyard had no interest in that. They claim they have no infrastructure for them. Who does?

Hard to believe we can’t agree that it’s a good idea to have a sealed up border. But the two sides can’t agree even in that.

Anyway hope you guys had a good holiday and enjoy an awesome 2023.