Thread: FACTS
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #16
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

So neighborhoods like Little Italy, Chinatown, South Boston, East Boston and Chelsea should be wiped clean of their ethnic flair for the cause of Yankee assimilation.

Neither I nor Roosevelt said that. You wish we did though, huh?

Is an Italian American, wrong for celebrating, cherishing and acknowleding his old world lineage.
No

What is an American anyway?

A born or naturalized citizen. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Have you ever asked a black person, the descendants of slaves, what an American is?

No. Have you? I do know that none of my Black friends speak African.

What about Native Americans, what the hell are they cause they sure as hell is hot weren't speak english!!!

They are Native Americans. What's your point? I know several and they all speak English very well.

I think that quote is a gross oversimpification of from a bygone era. It's a political slogan, aimed at stoking xenopohibic sentiment among the ignorant mass.

If that's your opinion, cool. I disagree.

Are you a xenophobe like Teddy Roosevelt? An imperialist bigot, who thinks the "American" way is the only way. He believed it was America's mission to "civilize" the "uncivilized".
I believe in some basic core principles such as immigrants assimilating into the country they have chosen to immigrate to because they feel it offers them a better life. If that's considered xenophobic in the Peoples Republic then I'm proud to be lumped into that category. Tell me what your problem is with Americans behaving in an "American way"? Or is it just the "American way" in general you take issue with?
What "way" should Americans behave?

By the way, how many languages do you think our electoral ballots should be printed in?

The fact that you may not agree with Roosevelts opinions or policies in no way makes him an ignorant bigot. I was taught and still the hold belief that a sure sign of ignorant bigotry is when one chooses to apply those terms to everyone with whom they disagree. There are a large number of nasty terms people could choose to apply to you for your beliefs but thankfully most of us are above that.

God Bless America and have a great day