Thread: 2016
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That will be the excuse running up into the election to ensure expectations are set as low as is possible. If the GOP can't articulate their message and simply runs against the ACA they will lose.

Christy isn't a "hard-line economic right winger". He's fiscally conservative but also willing to negotiate. In the eyes of his party that puts him on par with Che Guevara.

Yea, blame TV. It's not about a lack of ideas or collaborative spirit…it's about biased TV coverage

Keep beating that paper tiger.

Who's leapfrogging anything? The GOP has a chance of picking up Senate seats primarily because so many blue states are up for grabs.

Ultimately it comes down to who shows up to vote, and the divisions within the GOP will likely keep many voters at home.

Yes, the bellwether. Give me a break. For all your whining about the quality of news you sure are easily suckered into it.

This district was owned by a single republican for the past 4 decades. Jolly worked for Bill Young and ran as his successor. He was getting beat until outside cash helped him outspend the dem and eek out a narrow victory…that's going to be up for grabs again in November.

Really shivery stuff here.

The message and tone of the Tea Party darlings is out of step with most of America. They are offensive to many Republicans. If I was making the odds I'd be looking at how the TP will divide the GOP...

You left out the Tea Party's inability to process things like facts or reason. It's infatuation with contradiction and incoherence. That it's largely a corporate marketing phenomenon seeking not the best ideas but the most disruptive personalities.

The success of Tea Party candidates will likely be the primary factor if Hillary really is beatable or not.

-spence
"If the GOP can't articulate their message and simply runs against the ACA they will lose."

Yeah? Tell that to the 55 Dems who lost house seats in 2010 because of Obamacare, tell that to the heavily-favored Democrat who lost in Florida this week because of Obamacare.

"It's not about a lack of ideas or collaborative spirit…it's about biased TV coverage "

The fact that you would say we have a "lack of ideas", suggests that you have been duped by that TV coverage. You are proving my point quite nicely.

"Christy isn't a "hard-line economic right winger". He's fiscally conservative but also willing to negotiate" Tell that to the unions.

"the divisions within the GOP will likely keep many voters at home" Again, tell that to the lady who just lost in Florida, despite out-spending her opponent.

"This district was owned by a single republican for the past 4 decades" Interesting, then, that Obama carried that district twice.

"The message and tone of the Tea Party darlings is out of step with most of America" Like what? Living within your means? Strong national defense? The free-market, where you make your living I believe? Spence, can you please tell me which of the Tea Party's core values, is so antithetical to America? Again, you are not responding to what the Tea Party is actually saying, you are responding to what Rachael Maddow claims they are saying. When you listen to what they are saying, it's not all that radical or fringe-worthy.

"You left out the Tea Party's inability to process things like facts or reason" Ah, another generic insult for which we all see that you provided exactly zero evidence. You should demand more from yourself.

Got to go, I need to put on a white sheet and watch "Hee Haw" reruns, then wage war on women or some other bullsh*t that you claim we stand for.

Keep chugging the Kool Aid, Spence...