View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 11:21 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician"

The data could not be more clear, Americans want access to abortion. It's a losing issue for Republicans in most places. But a fight worth fighting and losing in my opinion.

"nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed"

You're simply lying. Tell that to this high school female student who was expected to change in her locker room in front of a boy on her volleyball team, and she was suspended from school for complaining about it. Pete, you just flat-out lie when the facts don't fit. you're insane.

"Vermont's state law means that students can play sports and use the locker which correspond to the gender with which they identify. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peaks-out.html

"most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes "

Then I have good news for you, the wealthy pay a hugely disproportionate share of federal income taxes. Can you name a single influential Republican ho says that the wealthy should pay no taxes? What re you referring to?

"Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years;"

Maybe. Yet Ron Desantis won Miami-Dade.

"what we're seeing is the party's death throes."

You say so.

"That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate"

He's a godawful candidate. But he's no worse by any measure than Fetterman.

"Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution"

I posted that here. I will never vote for him again. But your side makes a constant habit of ignoring the parts of the constitution they don't happen to like, that's how Roe got decided in the first place. That's how affirmative action is allowed, how Christian bakers are forced to participate in gay weddings. it requires a willful disregard of the constitution

"most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about. "

SO there's a disease that hurts kids that republicans like? What is it, exactly?

All your certainty about how out of touch the GOP is, and yet they control the house, at least 49% of the senate, and a majority of state governorships and legislatures.

Why is that?
Poor victim
Just keep believing
Meanwhile
The comms director for the Gov of Oklahoma thinks it's elitist to require teachers to have more than a high school degree.
Why do red states have the lowest education levels?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin