View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 07:02 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I really hope Trump announces he is running, then he can complete his dismantling of the GOP, the debates between him and Ron will be epic.
i hadn’t known Trump threatened Desantis until
wayne posted it. It’s inexcusable. I’m at the point where if he was the GOP nominee i’m not sure if i’d vote for him.

If desantis were to beat him somehow in a primary, i’d bet trump would run as a third party candidate

In what way is the GOP dismantled? When this election is over and counted, the GOP will probably have a small house majority, probably 50 or 51 senate seats, and a large majority of state governorships and state legislatures. The GOP right now, is way way stronger than the democrats were in 2016, it’s not even close. that’s mathematical fact.

Trump is suppressing what the GOP could
be doing for sure, but they’re not dismantled. If we can put him in the rear view mirror, the gop will be in great shape. but that’s a big if.

If i was a democrat i’d be praying he’s the GOP nominee in. 2024. Who on the left would look good next to Desantis. If it’s Newsom ( my guess), all Desantis has to do is point out how many people are fleeing CA and how many are moving to FL. What’s the comeback to that?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-10-2022 at 07:39 AM..