View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 01:12 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I never said Desantis’ win was an upset. Never came close to saying it. his margin of victory is impressive, his win in Miami Dade is noteworthy, and his accomplishments are extraordinary. 850 people
a day are moving to FL. 850 a day.

Whitmer, similarly, wasn’t an upset. She’s an incumbent who isn’t unpopular with her party.

Shapiro is impressive.

Desantis is a big reason why FL isn’t a swing state right now. 4 years ago he won by a point. tuesday he won by 20. show me an incumbent who won de election, who i creased his margin of history by 20 points?

Florida was a swing state until Desantis took over. You’ll
never admit it, but he simply a solid leader. The good thing is, it doesn’t matter at all that you can’t admit it. it’s true whether you like it or not.

who is anti science? Desantis? He’s one of the i my governors who got the science right on covid, one of the only ones who bucked the trend and kept his state unemployment way below national averages and kept kids in school. again, no one cares if you hate that fact. It’s still a fact.

who’s anti corporation? I’m curious who you’re saying is anti corporation.

you’re coming unglued my man.
You’re right in that I don’t think he’s a good leader, he’s demonstrated many times that he’s got a glass chin and can’t handle political battles.

What the #^&#^&#^&#^& did you THINK would happen?

The Florida GOP is the single best Republican party in the country, hands down. It has infinite money, a deep bench of consultants and operatives, and *wins.*
It’s Alabama football vs the Middle Missouri Girls’ Preparatory Academy Field Hockey team.
The FL Dems? Tough love time: they can’t organize a two-car motorcade, I’ve got more money in my glove compartment, and their skilled operators could fit around a Waffle House table.
And here’s the REAL tough love: they let themselves be painted as far to the left in a RED STATE. Florida is and has been and is become more of a red state by the day. The idea that DeSantis and Rubio “turned Florida red” is absurd, an almost hilariously bad take.
Florida was and has been a red state for a generation; blue wins were largely just statistical noise, certainly at the statewide level. This win is not the flex you think it is.

This is like Mike Tyson boxing with a 90 year old man in a nursing home. The outcome is not unexpected.

Frankly, the question isn’t why DeSantis won by 20 points. Rather, why didn’t he win by 40 points?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin