View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

A BIT ABOUT VIDEO ENTRIES
Not many of you have been taking advantage of the video bonus points, which is fine and I understand why. But after watching a few of the videos that were recorded purely for documentation of the catch it occurred to me that this might be the best way to document all of your catches--especially if you fish at night.
You probably think I'm nuts for saying this but allow me to explain. I know what you're thinking, the quality of videos shot at night seems like it would be terrible, but if you get the camera within a few feet of the fish and use your light to illuminate the fish, tag and tape it comes out fine.. see the video attached to this post, courtesy of Sean Kearney of the Fish Pigs.
The benefit of recording your fish on video is two-fold, the biggest benefit being no camera flash. My good friend Zeno Hromin tells me he regularly fires off aimless shots on slow nights just to count the guys who come along to look at what the light show was all about! The second half of the video benefit is that there will be no questioning the validity of your catch, you can pan across the whole fish, showing the tape, get a shot of the tag, shine the camera and light into your squinting, sleep-deprived eyes and you've satisfied all of the requirements for entering a fish in a 15 second video clip. Not to mention, if you're smart about how you do it, you haven't drawn any more attention to yourself than someone changing plugs.

Plus it's hilarious for me to see you guys with the light in your eyes! lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=421143231316547

Last edited by Canalman; 06-05-2013 at 10:02 AM..

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Canalman is offline   Reply With Quote