View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Probably some of those FAKE polls

Some people say Marianne won all the debates in a galactic sense by out-weirding everyone else.

Remember there are 482 days to go till the election, and around 20 +/- Dems and 2 Republicans so far to thin out before we get there.

I already see Dems moving to the middle, and Trump moving further to the right, the only guarantee at this point is things will change.

If you want to bring up past statements think of this one from 1999, when Trump was running for President (the senile guy has forgotten about that), when he was to the left of Warren: Billionaire businessman Donald Trump has a plan to pay off the national debt, grant a middle class a tax cut, and keep Social Security afloat: tax rich people like himself.

Trump, a prospective candidate for the Reform Party presidential nomination, is proposing a one-time "net worth tax" on individuals and trusts worth $10 million or more.
By Trump's calculations, his proposed 14.25 percent levy on such net worth would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt in one full swoop.
"Probably some of those FAKE polls"

First you said I was spinning (meaning my conclusions were flawed). Now you're saying my conclusions were based on fake polls. Which is it, Pete? Other than the fact that you don't like the conclusions drawn from that poll (done by Quinnipiac and CNN, by the way), what evidence do you have that the poll is worthless?

'Remember there are 482 days to go till the election"

Never said otherwise, so I have no idea who or what you are responding to. I said Harris played the race card, and the poll shows it worked.

"I already see Dems moving to the middle"

If that's what you see, I presume you're Mr Magoo. Reparations, abortions until the head is visible, student loan debt elimination, single payer healthcare, open borders, the green new deal. Yessir, that wishlist is right smack-dab in the middle.

"If you want to bring up past statements "

huh? I'm talking about the debate that happened a week ago.

"By Trump's calculations, his proposed 14.25 percent levy on such net worth would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt in one full swoop"

Umm, the debt is a lot more than that.