View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 09:25 AM   #25
beachwalker
Below Me

Hooper & all,

Just catching up on this thread and I can say that you folks have done a great job pouring over this topic. Discussing the major issues and the appropriate decisions is a bit out of my league but there is a key point which I believe should be used in negotiations.
That is:

The allowance of recreational catch and release fishing for Striped Bass,etc. in the EEZ, including charters.

Hooper I live and fish Nantucket, the shoals and offshore. I routinely break the law fishing in the no fish zone (10 + last year) by catching Striped Bass and releasing them. But of course there are monster bluefish out there and they ARE A QUARRY. The blitzes out at the shoals are a sight to behold and I prayed for one to occur this year but it was nt to be. Had my camera every trip. Word was they went off 11/5ish to 11/17ish.
I fish the East beaches harder than any as they seem to hold the largest fish (bar the harbor channel).

I sit back and listen to you all discussing the situation and I don't know what I can do to help.

Keep it up. I am listening.

Disregard the by line below. It has nothing to do with any of you folks
beachwalker is offline   Reply With Quote