View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I have 2 stories.......the first was when I first started building plugs. As many of us do when we start out I knocked off my favorite builders plug to get started! I knocked off a few of Habs 2 oz. needlefish to exact specs! The first night I ever took one of my own hand built lures out to fish I went to Ballston Beach with my buddy Slingah (he had one too I think) anyway we got there and Slingah made a test cast checking for "Mung"...(remember Mung?) and he hooked up right away so I started casting and hooked up right off the bat! We caught bass from 15-25 pounds from 10pm to the time the sun came up!!! We were alone on the beach until we were joined by Slipknot and Bassmaster!!! We had a great night and I owed it all to Johnny Habs needlefish! My second story was a great night I had on a blurple Habs 2 oz. needle......arrived at a local spot and my buddies were already crushing bass! I started casting and catching and by the time the fish moved on I had about 8 bass to 25 pounds.....one of my buddies had beached a 35 pounder! Habs made some killer plugs......and John gave me some great plug building advice over the few years I was fortunate enough to have known him! He was never selfish and never resented anyone else building plugs as many do! So glad I got to know John!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote