Thread: Space force
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You dont understand the private sector does a job they have no obligation to thank people like you who for what ever reason think they should get a pat on the back for paying the same taxes they do the arrogance is stunning
Public sector employees derive wealth from taxes (yes you pay taxes too, but you are on the receiving end as well). Private sector employees see a loss of wealth from taxes. Is that going too fast?

Not sure what you are saying, but I have worked both in the private sector and the public sector, and I always felt grateful to those who funded my income.

Public sector employees have a deeper obligation to their customers (the pubic), because unlike the private sector (where you must make customers freely choose to give you their money), in the public sector, you forcibly confiscate money from your customers (neighbors) with the force of law. You therefore have a higher duty not to rip people off. But your union does exactly that, by demanding your neighbors pay a good chunk of the price tag for benefits that they will never, ever see. You feel entitled to demand that your neighbors pay for benefit t hat they will never see. I don't get where that sense of entitlement comes from.