View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
All depends on what the Packs rules are....they can be different from pack to pack. and the pack rules can be different from the districts.

Congrats on the cars....they look pissah. looks like a little graphite may have been used on those cars....

So how did Liam's car finish.
Our Pack rules, pretty much in line with District rules original axle slots which theoretically puts 4 wheels on the ground. Canting, three wheels, etc I wouldn't have a problem with in the Adults race but for the kids, there should be a reasonable base level.

Liam's car was fastest scout car in the pack again. The only items I did solo on the car were cutting original shape (mostly off his design), hollowing out the channel to place weights, exacto knife on electrical tape for glass & stripes, and filling putty. He did or participated in everything else: filing axle grooves (interestingly not all filed down), polishing axles and wheels, adding and glue sticking weights, sanding, priming, painting.

I did put on a vast amount of graphite. If there is a point where you can have too much graphite, we haven't found it yet. Though do have a mask on when doing volumes of graphite.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote