Thread: New GNR...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #9
5/0
Eels

[QUOTE=tlapinski;657230]Not the same as what made them popular or what you would expect after the wait, but I still like it. Without Slash and the rest of the boys it really isn't GNR, I know, but what if this was just some new band named Joe and the Pajama Fish? Would you have a different take on it then? Sort of like Metallica's newest release. Too many people wanted it to be a re-issue of an old album they love and hate if it is anything else.

No not the same I agree & great point.
Maybe if the song Chinese democracy was Pajama fish party's first song I (we all)might of liked it more vs the well awaited & anticipated newer GNR without half it's members.
I think it was more of a let down,I wanted (like everyone eles)that old school heavy grunge things change but that was a little to much some of the addin in sounds just didn't flow with it seemed like it was an after thought and put in to make it new style.

Metalica
Metalica on the other hand has been a large let down,there Black album grew on me after a few seasons.......Back in 1991!Man IM dating myself,but since then Garage days Inc. which was all remakes of there inspirational artice there's some good stuff on that on but Load & Re-load.......They were just like there Titles A freakin load!
And then there was Saint anger?WTF was that inspired by Prisoners?Sorry couldn't even buy that one!
I have faith that there latest album will be better.
Sorry no offence to any one but Bring Back there old school stuff the one's with real heavy rifs.Kinda like Rage there self titled album was awesome A mix of rap anti gov't heavy bass and some acid mixed into revolutionary music.
I don't mean to rant & rave but I can't find any old school bands with heavy substance un less I look underground.

Bob

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote