Thread: MOAB
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 08:37 AM   #15
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I have said it before and will say it again its all cool until they start shooting back
*WHO* will be shooting back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I am disgusted by UnAmerican whiners, don't like it, don't watch it.
I sometimes disagree with WDMSO but he wore the fancy suit and went over and did his duty, so agreeing on particular subjects or not, he has beyond earned his right to speak them

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
doesn't change a thing

If you think that he did not ask for permission before dropping that thing your gullible.

when Trump was asked during a meeting with I-85 First Responders if he had authorized the strike.

“We have given them total authorization Trump can grant the
authority but its still Trumps responsibility

Pentagon officials say the generals have had the authority to launch whatever ordnance they had in theatre against ISIS since January last year, but President Donald Trump's comfort level with delegating new decision-making on counterterrorism strikes surely played into their thinking. General John “Mick” Nicholson ordered the weapon during the Obama Administration to use during Afghan’s fierce spring and summer “fighting season”, but it was only delivered in January this year, Salvin said.
While he may have had the authority to drop the bomb, it’s likely he notified commanders above him that he was about to use the munition, but it’s not clear how high that went. “Appropriate notifications were made,” U.S. Central Command spokesman Col. John Thomas emailed

Not sure how any justifies a 16mil dollar weapon to kill 100 and think it was done solely in the name defending America As for the general he say it was tactical not political ... but giving him the green light was political and strategic for the white house home and abroad
So help out here - are you saying that Trump is bad because he is not micromanaging the war (like Obama & Johnson did) and delegating those decisions to the generals and theater commanders? Or that he created the atmosphere that allows commanders to take more risk?

As for MOAB, yes that is a proper munition for caves and tunnels, no? The daisy cutter was used several times in similar situations before it was retired and replaced with this one.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: