View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 10:57 PM   #14
Jenn

I love this topic! My most memorable blitz (forgive me as years are flying by for me and I forget) but I think it was about 10 years ago. It wasn't stripers...but blues, I had a group of friends with me at race point (when there was still something the seals hadnt taken) that were not really hardcore fisher people, let alone surfcasters when the most amazing bluefish blitz came ashore. I had wanted to share my passion with them the whole trip, especially since they almost cancelled due to a death in their family. Alas...they decided to still come along and bring their father, whom had just lost his wife at that hoping it would help heal his soul after his loss. I worried this might be too early for him but it ended up being just what he needed! Half the crew headed off the beach and I was bummed on our way out that I couldnt get everyone into some fish despite the species when all of a sudden I spotted the blitz headed to shore. We stopped and started nailing them....I quickly became the first land mate retying and re-rigging every piece of gear I had with me...begging the other half of the crew would get my voice message saying to turn around and come back! They finally did turn around because they saw we were not behind them and thought we might have broke down. I couldnt have been more elated to offer up all I had for gear and lures that day! I barely fished and spent the next couple hours watching, retying leaders, lures or anything I could to let them all catch fish and forget their sorrows even if only for a while. I easily lost hundreds of dollars worth of gear that day and merely was a bystander watching them all have the time of their lives. I could barely keep up and to this day my tackle box has yet to replenish to the level it was prior to that day but I dont regret one cent of lost gear or one moment I missed fishing it myself. There has never been a moment in my "fishing life" that I felt more excitement and that fishing filled my soul than it did that day!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote