View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
I agree with some of that stuff on its face, but it highlights somethings that should be considered when reading Mr. Rooneys ruminations.

2. As far as BET is concerned, isnt it owned by whites, like most things marketed to blacks? And as a far as the term AFRICAN american, I'd rather it just be AMERICAN, because I'd argue that most aspects of black culture are nothing else but authentically american, and many of them would rather exclude that concept rather than embrace it. Its not like they can trace any lineage back to any particular region/kingdom/country in Africa without a DNA test - and that is not even 100%. Blues music ain't african and neither is fried chicken.

4. And as far as minorities, loans and subsidies. There are Corporations out their who fish for subsidies like Herring and get them - ask just about any professional sport franchise. In fact, without gov't subsidies, some sports teams dont even turn a profit, yet the unconditional public patronage and private exaltation continues, at the expense of competition

I could go on, but I won't. To force PC on everyone else is unfair, but I'm not going to pick on the weakest kid in the class just because I don't like him or because everyone else is.

BET is owned by an Bob Johnson, pictured below enjoying an evening out with his wife and some honkey who seems to be out of place. He also owns the CHarlotte Bobcats. I believe Master P. is starting another black television station soon too.

As for the loan companies, some of that "predatory lending" was brought about by pressure from minority groups. I'd be willing to bet that some of those companies knew that loans were going to be defaulted, but did them anyways so they wouldn't be harrassed anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robert_L__Johnson_with_President_Bush.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	32336  

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio