View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The problem with your "interpretation" of what Trump said, is that, in the very same speech he specifically said that he was not referring to the Nazis when he said that there were fine people on both sides. I realize that it is necessary for Trump haters, or Trump dis-likers, or Never Trumpers, to always interpret his words or actions to mean something vile or treasonous, or illegal. But if you can't actually point out where he actually said "Nazis are fine people," then you got nothing, especially when he said that is not who he was referring to.

Let me ask you this. If you claim that when he said there were fine people on both sides that he was referring to Nazis, are you saying that he was talking about both sides of the Nazis? That's gibberish. Are you saying that he was referring to the Nazis and Antifa, that they were both fine people? If so (even though that doesn't make sense) then, at least, put it that way. Actually, he has said unequivocally (doesn't need interpretation) that he disavows both of those sides.
So would it make you feel better if instead of saying Nazis, Pete said Neo Nazis or White supremacists since that who was protesting that day (and had protested there a few times prior)? I'm glad you aren't trying to make the argument that there were a bunch of historians protesting the removal of the lee monument.