View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #22
gldnbear93

verizon has been advertising $100 for all three services in RI, not sure if they are offering that in MA right now though.

The set up took the guy 6+ hours. He did run a new cable from the pole to the house for the service. no more copper for the phone and if I ever want to go back I will need to have the copper line replaced.
There is a pretty big battery backup (about 1'x2'x2') but supposedly the phone stays running if power goes out.
It seems like the rest of my computer runs alittle slower with the fios installed, but the internest is fast (FBI speed according the sales guy).
TV definately has mreo channels than COX and a lot of really cool miltary channels and hostory channels. I miss IFC but there are some other movie channels included. I don't get the HBO/Showtime/Skinnemax/Sports upgrade since I watch about 3hr of TV a week.
I don't notice any differnece in the phoen service except initially it had a little static, but that is gone now.
All in all I think its a good deal for $100/month. There are some one time activation charges (not the installation), but aI had that with COX also.

Go Bears!
gldnbear93 is offline   Reply With Quote