Thread: plugfest
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #33
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo7 View Post
This being my first plugfest is there proper etiquette for trading or trying to buy plugs? I'm a newbie and do nice work but I'm not on the same par as a lot of the guys on this site, do I wait for someone to ask me to trade?
There is no selling. Trading is encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I think capesams forgot to add the sarcastic smilies to his post there,

You don't have to wait for someone to ask to trade with you, go ahead and ask if you see stuff you like.

Every year the subject of selling comes up it seems, either before, after or during plugfest. Sponsors of the site who speak to JohnR ahead of time should be the only ones selling stuff. This plugfest began as a lure building get together and has gained attendance ever since it began. In the beginning a few guys brought some supplies and stuff as a convenience, but the spirit of Plugfest was never to become a flea market free for all selling plugs, it's for trading and learning , conversing, eating and general having a good time with others that enjoy the hobby of making our own lures to fish with. I personally have not witnessed selling in or outside of plugfest, although it has gone on, I am not the plug police and can't enforce something like that. All I can do is ask that you do not sell or try to buy stuff unless it's a sponsor. Thanks for understanding. Plugfest is what you guys make it. If anyone else would like to make a thread next year explaining it all over again for new people, please feel free to.
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capesams View Post
Not to worry Bruce.....you won't have to walk away from me when you see me coming cause I'll be passing on this plugfest and any others in the future.

Best of luck guys an gals.
That would really suck Steve because your presence is wanted - always has been.

Unfortunately we can't run this as refined and precise with all of the cookie cutter things everyone wants and satisfy everyone. This is a shoestring effort with a few people primarily helping out. Would gladly wish to see others involved in making it better than complaining about it.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote