View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And I don't know why he won't say "radical islamic terrorism". If he does all our terrorism problems go away.
Again, liberalism 101 says that when the facts and common sense are against you (as they often will be when you are a liberal), instead of responding to what people are saying, make believe they are saying something crazy, and respond to that.

No one thinks that the problem goes away if he says out loud what the reality is. But it makes him appear more honest, more serious, less radical, more grounded, and slightly less foolish.

Where leaders lead, followers will follow. When he says something idiotic, like comparing Islamic atrocities with those of other religions (God knows I am just as concerned with the Mormons as I am with Muslims), some people (Spence comes to mind), who don't question anything Obama says, might believe it's true.

The man has the biggest pulpit in the world. Words matter. The truth matters. Maybe not to liberals (based on your kooky accusation that anyone thinks terrorism will go away if he says it out loud), but many people (most of whom Obama would dismiss as bitter clingers) believe that speaking the truth, has value.