View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

I can't believe we can't even make a rotor (disc for disc brakes which is heavy) for my 1997 Ford Explorer cheaper than China when they have the added cost of shipping $48each. I think what is happening is they will loose money making and selling products knowing no one can compete. Then when all the competition has closed their doors and lost the ability and equipment necessary to produce said products they will be the only source. Which then they will raise prices and start making a profit, and because the cost of developing the machines/technology will prohibit anyone else from producing the product. They think in terms of generations, meaning suffer now and the future generations will rule the world.
We have to wake up and stop them from stealing our technology and make it tougher for them to undersell American companies which make products here before we no longer make anything here. I will be bringing the rotors back tomorrow not just because it's made in China but because after I removed the tires and inspected the brakes I found the noise is coming from the trans axle