View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
But the characterization that these are "Obama phones" or this has somehow created a Federal tax liability or government entitlement are just patently false.

-spence
this is just precious I can't imagine where anyone ever got the idea that these were "Obama Phones"

"Visit ObamaPhone.net and here's what you see (I suspect they'll make changes soon, if they haven't already, so I took a screenshot):

When you click the link at ObamaPhone.net to apply for a free cell phone, you're redirected to...wait for ....it...FreeGovernmentCellPhones.net. That's right. The same website that decried the "false rumor" and "incorrect term" of The Obama Phone Program has another website, surely desired to attract search engine traffic, that advertises The Obama Phone Program.

Nice.

UPDATE: The website has already been changed! Visit Obamaphone.net now, and you'll get something like a blog with no pictures of Obama, as though they're in the process of dismantling the site."

also from Obamaphone.net

Currently, the government is thinking of providing free wireless internet service to the people under this program instead of old-fashioned land phones. It’ll be a great effort if government includes this service in Lifeline program.

WOW! Obama HighSpeed Internet too!!..this is awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The%20Obaama%20Phone.png
Views:	367
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	53172  

Last edited by scottw; 09-30-2012 at 01:23 PM..