View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, the people criticizing Holder, the ones he's complaining about, are members of Congress. I don't deny that there are racists out there. Holder is saying that HIS critics, the extreme ones, are racist.
I believe what he's saying is that the type and method of some criticism he believes is unfairly directed at him is the same as what the president has also encountered. Sort of like a, it works with Obama so stick it to the other brother as well and bring them both down...Republicans in Congress have absolutely been complicit and some even active in the racism against the President.

Quote:
The racism card clearly does NOT work, because lasttime I checked, Obama won the election. Obama's race has been a huge benefit to him. There's no way a white guy with a blank resume, with 3 completely uneventful years as a US Senator, beats Hilary Clinton.
Yes, Obamas race has definitely helped him and it's also been used against him quite effectively.

Quote:
Obama got 96% of the black vote. You telling me none of those folks voted for him just because he's black.
Well, in most areas black voters tend to side with the Democrats anyway. I'd think that many would vote for him regardless just to elect the first black president and tear down another barrier.

The same could be said for women as well. I'm sure you'd get independent and some conservative women voting for Hillary for the same reason.

Quote:
Spence, there are racists. Liberals cry "racism" way too often, with zero evidence.
I don't see how you can say there's zero evidence when it comes to this Administration. This doesn't mean Holder was wise to throw down the race card in this instance. There are valid questions to be asked of the Justice department, and when issues get muddled it can be very hard to resolve.

-spence