Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thats funny blame the Black guy

I didn't actually blame anybody. I suggested that if Obama had condemned all sides equally, then we might not have gotten this far along the road to where Americans are openly physically at war with each other. Maybe there is nothing he could have said to keep violence under wraps. I do question his open, avowed, support of BLM in contrast to a willingness to criticize racism (whites) and police for the plight of blacks in America.

And I certainly didn't blame the Black guy. I questioned the action, or lack of it, by the President of the United States and the effect that might have had on the present violence. Your little jab is part of and a demonstration of the difficulty in having an honest discussion about racial views. In your view "blaming" Obama automatically equates to blaming the Black guy.

So are you saying that both were at fault or that neither were? I am not saying anything... I am asking if people felt Obama was at fault for BLM is Trump going to be Held to the same Standard
Perhaps I misunderstood what the standard is in your statement. It seemed to me that when you said--"So if Obama is Blamed For BLM movement I guess Its Trumps fault for the White Nationalist Movement"--the only standard you presented was fault or blame. It also implied to me that you believed the same "standard" should be held for both. That is if one is held to be at fault, so should the other, or, if one is not held to be at fault, then so should the other not be blamed. Your statement also implies that if the same standard, fault or not at fault, is not held for both, that would be hypocritical, ergo, wrong. Which all leads me to believe that you think they should be held to the same standard--both at fault or neither at fault. Which led me to ask "So are you saying that both were at fault or that neither were?" Am I wrong in my assumptions and in my question? If so, I apologize. It could be that you have no dog in that hunt, don't care one way or the other, that you're just curious?

BTW, it could be that one was at fault and the other wasn't. Why must it be given that if one is at fault the other must also be? What is the "standard" being held to if one is blameworthy and the other isn't? Would that be actual words and support given by either Obama or Trump? Didn't Obama actually support and defend BLM? Did Trump actually support or defend Nazi's? Obama is blamed for what he actually said about groups, including police and "racists" (whites). Trump is blamed for what he has not said about certain groups. Trump blamed various people for disrupting his rallies. Should he have praised them for doing so, or just shut up about it even though others including politicians and the media were blaming his rallies for provoking the violence being perpetrated against themselves? In the end what Trump said was a condemnation for "all sides." Does that, or is that going to, inspire more violence as many of those whom you are questioning believe Obama's words inspired BLM violence?

Last edited by detbuch; 08-13-2017 at 09:56 PM..