View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #50
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
Too many people complain they want their privacy. We are living in a world where we need to let our govt do what they need to do to protect our lives and have our privacy be 2nd in line. I'd rather be alive and spied on than dead and private. Not saying it would have helped any here by any means. This whole thing is a horrible chit show
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
It's a new world, not the one I grew up in and certainly not that of the previous generation. IMHO if the founding fathers new what was to come we'd have the instructions on how to change. We need to give up a little,,,, guns for one
I'm pissed off, Gup
One of those Founding Fathers Guppy claims would have provided "the instructions on how to change" once said: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

When people start saying "yes, please take my rights if doing so will provide me the illusion of being safe", the people that commit these acts of terror have won. During Katrina, most civil rights were stripped away. Illegal state-sanctioned confiscation of weapons took place and then the only people left with their weapons (law enforcement) were also the ones killing innocent people on bridges and in their homes.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote