View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #9
parker23
No Trolling allowed

good reason for a license

We need a fishing license to pay for more enforcement. I hate increasing government's role. However, we need it here.

I fish a lot. Over the last 30 years I have seen the fish cops a dozen times checking fish at popular spots. I have never seen them board a boat. There is absolutely no enforcement. I would love to see boats being boarded for inspections, myself included.

One of the main reasons that I cut down on shore fishing is dealing with the idiots. My problem is that I can’t keep my mouth shut. On many occasions I found myself in a load of trouble because I made a stink when witnessing abuse/miss-handling or poaching of short fish. I dropped a dime one night on Ocean Drive and the fish cops actually showed up and busted the a-hole. Thankfully they arrived before the situation escalated into a fight.

If the funds generated from the licensed was used properly, we would see a vast improvement the fisheries and in the cleanliness of our fishing spots.

I know government and fiscal responsibility is an oxymoron, however, a little enforcement can make a difference.

1 @ 32 Pledge. Our beloved Striped Bass are in trouble AGAIN.

I fished through the lean years and don't want to live through another collapse of the stock.

2 fish @ 28" is ridiculous.