View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, apparently you like the NYT. To their credit, the NYT reported on the Menendez case, although they went out ot their way to state that the story only broke because of political smear. If the allegations are true, who cares about the motives of the people who first reported the ethical violations? Why is that important?

Paul, let me ask you this. The NYT ran an unsubstantiated, front-page story during the 2008 election. The story claimed that John McCaon's adopted daughter was actually his biological daughter that he fathered with a mistress. Can you pls. post a link to it b/c I don't remember that happening. If it did happen, I condemn it.

Let's forget about McCain's politics (although, his politics are literally all that matter to the NYT). McCain is a hero to any rational person. Similiar to Kerry?
During a dangerous war, he volunteered to fly jets off of an aircraft carrier and repeatedly put himself in harm's way. As a result, he spent several years getting tortured in a POW camp, as a direct result of his service to his country.

How does the NYT feel that this man deserves to be treated? By taking another heroic act (adopting a daughter from a 3rd world country), and using that heroic act as a club against him.

The NYT is a joke. That's why, until recently, one copy of the Sunday edition was more expensive than one share of stock in the company that prints that liberal rag.
The only thing I remember about McCain's baby was that the Bush campaign was putting out flyers in the 2000 primary (one of the nastiest campaigns ever) with that story, that he committed treason as a POW in Vietnam, he was mentally unstable b/c of being a POW, a homosexual and an addict (and also said his wife was an addict). I'd be interested in seeing how the Times 8 years later would have brought up the same thing???

Still going on about a mistatement on the # of states. That is petty - but not unexpected.