Thread: Bachmann
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
The point is they both did take place.
So they aren't influential conservatives, but you (and others on the right) are quick to judge the left based on Occupy and others... I don't see the distinction. Both probably represent the fringe of the idealogy...

"Let him die": A debate question exposes the incoherence—and cowardice—of the Republican candidates' opposition to Obamacare. - Slate Magazine

Gay Soldier Booed By GOP Debate Audience | New York Daily News

I didn't read the articles other than to know they cite the time and place of these events. Slate and NYDayily news are not in my daily reading....
Here's the distinction..I have never heard large numbers of influential liberals decry the actions of Occupy Wall Street...all I hear is liberals complimenting them. Which makes me think that according to most liberals, their actions are within the scope of liberal ideology. Almost every time large numbers of liberals get together, PARTICULARLY when they are protesting something, there is anarchy. You didn't see that with the Tea Party rallies, you just didn't.

Most conservatives would be appalled at the notion of someone applauding that a sick person should die. Most liberals don't seem to have issues with Occupy Wall Street crowds.

That's the distinction. And it's a major distinction.

You disagree with my observation there?