Thread: Bachmann
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Here is my quote - Don't know but wasn't it asked at a Repub. rally what should happen if someone was dying with no insurance and someone yelled "let him die" and the whole crowd started cheering? Lordy Lordy, where have all the compassionate cons. gone?

I really shouldn't get involved in this . . . discussion? . . . which is off topic and has turned, as johnnyD said, into pooh, pooh, but some . . . . gnat like? . . . compulsion makes me. So, besides your admittedly erroneous reflections on the "rally," what is the point of "where have all the compassionate cons. gone?" does the few who said "yeah" mean all the compassionate cons. are gone?

So when I posted the statement, I qualified it by saying "Don't know, but" true - which means I was unsure of the exact statement. True. It turns that it did happen No, someone did not shout "let him die" and the whole crowd did not start to cheer - with the mod. saying "let him die?" true and some in the audience saying "Yeah" instead of the cheering that I said. True So the bottom line is that you have some in the audience who were happy w/the statement "let him die".
How do you know they were "happy" with the "let him die?" There could be many reasons and expanded explanations for that reaction, which would not fit into an interjection by an audience member. It could be, among others, a tough love stance saying, buddy take care of yourself, it is not society's responsibility to nurse you through every phase of your existence and to pay for your poor choices. And if you have chosen a path of non-involvement in your own existence, it is not society's duty to empower you to stay on that path.

Scott, you sometimes remind me of a gnat.
Careful, Paul, there are mirrors.

I apologize to everybody else for contributing to the pooh, pooh. Apparently, however, no-one other than Scottw seems to care about the actual topic of the thread.