Thread: Trayvon / Media
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Clarification not needed.

I think you equate what you see in the media with how 'Liberals' think... just like there is a spectrum of conservatives who don't all just watch Fox News with their heads nodding like a bobble head doll, there is a large % of liberals who can (and maybe do) watch MSNBC without accepting it all as gospel truth.

Just keep that in mind please.
"I think you equate what you see in the media with how 'Liberals' think... '

I base my opinion of liberals' beliefs on what I see and hear everywhere. What else can I do? I don't let Sean Hannity tell me what to think, I'm not that simple-minded.

"there is a large % of liberals who can (and maybe do) watch MSNBC without accepting it all as gospel truth. "

That may be true, but it's not true just because you say it. And I don't see a lot of that. What I see is a guy like Juan Williams, a liberal, who says one conservative thing, and he gets fired from Public Radio (of all places).

I see almost perfect monolithic thinking on the left. Very, VERY little diversity of opinions. I don't say that because some right-wing nut tells me to say it. I say it because that's my observation, and I pay more attention to this stuff than most folks.