View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Yup. I don’t think anyone here has supported the actions I’ve said very clearly that I think anyone who entered the Capitol or committed a crime should be held accountable but because I don’t support putting someone charged with trespassing in jail for 18 months I must be a seditionist and traitor…
Similarly….despite the fact that I’m vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I don’t support government mandated vaccination….I’m an anti-vaxxer…this is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
look how they frame every issue.

If you're pro-life, it' snot because you have empathy for a vulnerable defenseless human being, it's because you want to enslave women.

If you want a secure border, it's not because it makes economic and national security sense, it's because you hate mexicans.

If you want reasonable taxes, it's not because you're practical, it's because you hate poor people (high tax states like CA and CT have eliminated poverty, you see).

If you're concerned about jihadists, it's because you're an Islamaphobe.

If you are comfortable with christianity, it's because you're a homophobe.

In their minds, it's not possible to have a principled disagreement about anything. Any disagreement must be rooted in hate and ignorance.