View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #171
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How exactly did they try to overthrow a national election?
You tell me, please, exactly what's wrong with the following response...

Trump won in 2016. As a result of their loss, a small number of congressional democrats tried to throw out the election results in a few states which Trump won, when there was no evidence any cheating took place in those states. Their effort failed, it was a flop. But they tried. Democrats in the house of representatives tried to overturn an election, for the sole reason that they didn't win.

It failed obviously. But that's what they tried to do. Biden, to his credit, told them at the time to knock it off. They proceeded with their attempt, and couldn't get NEARLY enough democrats to go along with them.

Some of them are still in Congress.

That's what happened. Just because Wayne hates it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And as well-informed as you are, I have to say I find it hard to believe that you aren't aware this happened.

And then influential democrats were taking full page ads out in the New York Times begging electors not to vote for Trump. Those weren't elected democrats, just crybabies among the general population.

From the following link: "Jackson Lee and her allies argued that widespread voter suppression in states won by Trump tarnished the results. "

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...allenge-233294