View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm astounded that someone under US sanctions would lash out. Perhaps that says all it needs to right there.

As an aside, I was staring up in the Cologne Dom yesterday and might just have found God, or tourists. Not sure yet but it was pretty cool regardless.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Umm . . . I believe that "someone" lashed out before the imposition of sanctions--that's why, I would guess, the sanctions were imposed. Can't be "absolutely" sure. Never can tell . . . maybe the US just likes to dole out willy-nilly sanctions. Especially under the current administration.

And the Eurasian project had been under way well before the sanctions. And that includes the growth of military power by its two most important countries Russia and China, while the West depends more on diplomacy and economic "sanctions." That's why "someone" could brush off and laugh at the little bug bite "punishment" by a country and its European allies that he views as pusillanimous. He obviously didn't think there would be any military response to the invasion of Ukraine other than by the overmatched Ukrainians.

I'm guessing that "someone," might not fear much military resistance from the U.S or its European allies for the next two years after witnessing the near total reluctance of the current US administration to use troops for war. Suspect he doesn't fear drone attacks or air strikes since he has his own drones and plenty of air power as well.

Head in the sand may work for ostriches, but humans who try it usually get their butt kicked.

And, yeah, it's easier to find God in the beauty of ancient things (Cologne Dom being much older than the Constitution, BTW).

But it's more likely that a progressive would see tourists rather than God.

Were you there with family, or just business?