View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #33
Jim in CT

[Spence -

"didn't President Bush push hard for more sub-prime lending "

No, he did not. He pushed banks to make loans to minorities that could be paid back, based on traditional qualifying criteria. Spence, let's put it out there, OK? If you have evidence to suggest that Bush was a fan of reckless mortgages (subprime), either post it, or admit that you made it up. For the 10th time, Bush was so alarmed by the recklessness of subprime mortgages, that he wanted to regulate Fannie and Freddie, with rules that they couldn't buy those crappy pieces of paper. The Democrats blocked that legislation. I'm sorry, Spence, if that fact doesn't support your personal agenda, but it's a fact nonetheless.

"And when Dems took over in 2007 they immediately pushed for more regulation to help ensure the same issues wouldn't arise again. "

Can you support that please? You may well be right, I have no knowledge. But you seem to take great liberties, at times, in creating your own realities which promote your agenda. If you can't back that up, please admit you made it up.

"I don't believe Obama was sworn in until Jan 2009. By your reconing that would make today January 2nd 2012!"

Do you ever, ever get tired of being 100% wrong? When I say the "Republicans" were out of power, I mean because they LOST CONTROL OF CONGRESS IN JANUARY 2006.

You see, Spence, this country is not a totalitarian dictatorship. It's a democracy with seperation of powers and checks and balances. In our system of government, the LEGISLATURE, not the executive branch, writes legislation.

I also see that once again, you cowardly dodged my other question, which was this. If you say there's blame on both sides (although you go on and on and on about the GOP, I haven't seen you post anything you think the libs did wrong), what do you think of Obama repeatedly saying it was all the Republican's fault?