View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And so is this lady, who probably has the most insight into Trump of anyone outside his family. Actually, his relationship with her was longer than any of his marriages so far. No, it's not all bad.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...w-barbara-res/
I was writing up my post while you posted this. You're right. It's not all bad . . . not very bad at all. It certainly, in my reading, debunks the notion that Trump is a misogynist, and pretty much backs up my post that followed yours. And it shows him to be quite human and intelligent, and competent. Too big an ego in his later years? Maybe. But the Alpha Male big ego has been a mark of Presidents and politicians forever.

As for Res's final verdict about him not being qualified to be President because he does not have the proper expertise in law and politics, that depends on the notion that politics is separated from We the People. That it is some arcane discipline or science that requires a study of law and political machination. Some successful President's come to mind, Eisenhower for example, that didn't go through the political factories.