View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #18
Justfishin'

Quote:
Throwing out a bunch of unexamined talking points are not worth discussing.........
You know, when you tilt your head back and look down your nose at us, all we see are your boogers.

Scott Pruitt has made a career of suing environmental groups and agencies to block regulations and enable the fossil fuel industry to continue to operate with as little responsibility as possible for clean up and reclamation of mining sites and fracted(sp?) oil and gas wells polluting water tables as well. Another doubter of global warming (don't any of these guys ever go outside!!??) he's no fool and knows which side of the cracker has the jam. Trump wanted to do away with the EPA completely, let big business regulate themselves. While that might not be possible at first, I think that he(Puitt) will certainly weaken and and try to completely eliminate any regs that might slow big business down. Conversely though, I do support his stance that private industry should not be able to use federal eminent domain laws in a for profit enterprise.

He has stated he wants to do away with the Waters of the United States Rule. How I feel this might affect us is if the EPA regulations are weakend or loosely enforced is there will be increased pollution at all points, runoff will destroy breeding grounds for fish and habitat for their food base. Or, big companies like Omega Protein will be allowed to take every last menhaden, herring and groundfish left, sell the ground up meal to India or China, and then go belly up and make the Fed bail them out. In the mean time, the stocks of market fish will (continue to) crash.
We have to give the ocean time to heal, we've been beating the crap out of it for too long IMHO.