View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 10:39 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you work full-time at the federal minimum wage you qualify for food stamps and Medicaid (which we all pay for).

Stop asking if businesses can afford higher wages and start asking why we're all paying to subsidize their low wages.

Remember when you’re claiming that the wealthy are to be worshipped that if companies were really "forced to raise prices" because of inflation they would have been "forced to lower prices" after they got $1.9 trillion in tax cuts. But they didn't - they raised prices then, too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
some businesses can afford higher wages, some absolutely cannot.

not every job in our economy was designed for an adult to support a family on. Go to your local mom and pop pizzeria, tell them they have a moral obligation to pay bus boys and cashiers $40,000 a year. when they stop laughing, tell me what they said.

people won’t eat out if a large pie costs $50.

I never said i worship the wealthy, i’m sure plenty of them are jerks. But i don’t irrationally demonize them either. No one would be better off if they all burned their money and became poor. They do a ton to relieve the financial burden on the rest of us.

one day you’re bragging that the wealthy are now democrats, now you’re demonizing them.

Make up your mind, are you proud the wealthy vote democrat, or not? Which is it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device