Thread: Fusion GPS
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:08 AM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How much did the market go up last year? I wonder how much it went up in Obama's first year?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I give Obama credit for that. But it's also true, that when the market just crashed, it's easier to get increases, then when it is already high. It's like trying to reduce your golf handicap, it's easier when you are hitting 125 than it is when you are hitting 90.

Trump, unlike Obama, is putting money in the pockets of ordinary Americans, the ones Democrats claim to care so much about. Walmart is raising the company minimum wage to $11/hour, a raise of about $1.50 an hour in CT, $3,000 a year if you are full time. Combined with the tax cuts (reduction in tax rates, doubling of standard deduction, increased child tax credits), that's a real, meaningful boost to these people. And every single democrat voted against it. They may be at a complete loss explaining why.

Of course, if Trump makes inexcusable comments like the "sh*thole country" monstrocity, maybe people won't care about the economy. He may be such an ass, that people don't care about a booming economy. We'll see in November.